Tuesday, August 10, 2010

kickball


Saturday afternoon we went to a park in SE Portland for a kickball match of teachers vs. parents of the Grasshoppers (Owen's classroom) from PSU preschool. For weeks there had been a lot of big talk between both groups so everyone was very excited about the big showdown.

I generally do all the correspondence with the teachers, administrators, and other mamas at school but Woody was sending out all the emails and talking to other parents to really get this thing going. 


Owen's peeps: Joseph (in green) and Jack.



 Note Woody's socks. He told me as we were driving over that every time he pulled up his socks when he was at the plate that he was telling me he loved me.:)

All the parents:

The guy in blue short shorts to the far right is teacher Michael (one of Owen's teachers). We LOVE teacher Michael but sadly Friday was his last day. He got accepted into a graduate music program @ Columbia in NYC so this was the last time we got to hang out with him. The week before he had a CD release party @ school that the whole school showed up for (have I ever mentioned how much I love, love, love their school?) to support him and get their groove on. It was lovely.
(And since it was Michael's last day we made him a shirt. It was Owen's creative black spiderman face.  He NEVER makes it easy for me to make these stencils.)


The guy in the yellow shirt is Geoff, Jack's dad (and his older sister Stella) and the guy on the right is Tony, Joseph's dad. 

Geoff just went to Prague last month to play in the world championships of ultimate frisbee on the American team. They won! He owns a gold medal.

Tony is a lawyer and is taking one of his cases to the Supreme Court in D.C. next week.

When Woody and I were driving home, talking about that, I was like,

'oh ya, well I'm going to sell a bike helmet @ work next week.'

and Woody said,

'oh ya, well someone is going to tell me to "f" myself when I tell them their policy didn't cover their accident.'

(tee hee)


The teachers warming up.


My dear spouse @ the plate (note what he's doing...:)


I hung out with the kiddos while the parents played. Eventually all the kids started playing too. 




I'm not really sure who won. I was standing over by the teachers when they came off the field after a couple of innings and they asked me if I knew the score (I didn't). Then one of the teachers said, "ask one of the dad's, they'll know for sure." :)

No comments: