Sunday, April 15, 2012

take that Holland



With a little help from my dad in Florida (our dumb phones, GPS-free CRV, and bad directions combined forces and we found ourselves lost) we made our way to the Woodburn Tulip Festival.

I wish I had checked out some photos of such places before we went so I would have known how to capture the beauty...but here's what I took.

It was stunning...










I'm terrible at editing as you may have noticed over the years. I can cut the egregious ones but if most of my loved ones are smiling I just can't delete...just cannot. :)







 (Maya had a gnarly goose egg on her forehead...you can kind of see the remnants)







I'm getting old and old-fashioned but I liked these places (pumpkin patches, berry farms, dahlia/tulip/name the flower festival) when there were no rides and minimal amusement for the kids other than the thing itself. Maybe a hay ride and kettle corn but it's gotten ridiculous and spendy with the zip lines, bounce houses, pony rides and endless name your fried food.


(enjoying an elephant ear...in their Christmas tees:)






Catch ya next year Tulip Festival...

No comments: