Saturday, October 2, 2010

trying to get my blogging act together


So, where to start? 
I think with O's bff's birthday party. 
Nigel and his mama, Denise, planned a kick-booty bday party.

We met at a park.
She buried treasure that the boys had to find.

Here are the boys (O, Joseph, Jack, Nigel):

She gave each boy a shell all their own that they had to look for. When they found the shell they had to dig to find the treasure (we were asked to bring spades).


The map: (it came rolled in twine, inside a cloth bag Denise had re-purposed into booty treasure bags w/ their names sewn on):

Next she used plaster of paris to "bury" more treasure that the boys had to whack open w/ hammers:

Denise and Nigel handmade a Pokeman pinata (O whacking said pinata):

Afterwards we went to their condo to eat a scrumptious lunch. Check out the view:

Mt. Hood is back there but the glare was too strong to capture it. 

Nigel wanted ice cream cakes instead of real cake for his bday cake. mmmmm:

Next:
My baby boy started kindergarten this year!!!!! Crazy.
After the orientation, Denise and Nigel and OM and I went down the street from their school to have lunch and play in the fountain:

I ♥ Portland!

OM got super wet in the fountain and so rode in the nude (holding hands) back home...

Farmers Market!!!!

I love farmer's market! It's almost over and I'm not ready. I LOVE fresh food. I love to smell it and see other people that really love it too. I love to see my favorite farmer's with fingernails filled with dirt and grungy clothes and big, fat smiles on their faces. It makes me happy.

I'm no longer looking for a deal on food. The organic food I choose is pricey but worth every penny. I've long been buying my eggs for $5/dozen from the same vendor (and not just because she told Maya the dress she had on (one I sewed for her) was adorable. Nope. It's because their chickens eat grass and grubs. And so the eggs taste yummy. 

Sweet, sweet farmer's market, we will miss thee.

I will be back to regular posting b/c I miss it. 
And, I have lots more to share...

No comments: