Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pebbles


We didn't pick that pumpkin.There were so many lovelies to choose from, it was hard to narrow down. Today will probably be a carving day so I'll post results later. And I'm making Risotto w/ butternut squash, gorgonzola and toasted pecans...yum!

I've actually planned all the menus for the week and let me tell ya, you wish you were coming to dinner cuz it's gonna be delectable! :)

This is the 3rd year we've come to this farm for our pumpkins and it never disappoints. We picked a cold, rainy day but the boat ride and train ride were just as pleasant and this year they threw ponies into the mix...

One of Maya's teachers told me that someone had brought in a guinea pig to school this week and that Maya was totally mesmerized. She spent over 30 minutes with it and enjoyed every second. The guinea pig's name was Pebbles. Maya drew Pebbles a picture (with smelly markers) and showed it to Pebbles who started squeaking which pleased Maya even more.
When Maya spotted the ponies @ the patch she just had to have a ($6) ride. She put on her helmet, picked her favorite one and off she went (in a slow circle). 

So, can you guess the name of this pony Maya's riding?

That's right! Pebbles. :) 

Owen's pony is named Jet.


Never did get the eyes and mouth on his shirt. The names fell off pretty quick. I kind of figured they would. I wanted to do freezer paper stenciling for the names but I couldn't find pumpkin orange. Oh well...



Below is a sewing mix. (And yes, I loved that first song from the Eat. Pray. Love. preview. And yes, I saw the movie. And yes, I thought it was waaaaaaayyyyy. tooooooooooo. lonnnnnnnng.)
Enjoy.


No comments: