Monday, January 21, 2013

I double dog dare ya...

to not love this dessert. 

Here it is.
The recipe for 
Deep-Dish Cookie Pie 
(gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free and yet, somehow, despite those culinary setbacks, totally delicious)

2 cans white beans or garbanzos (rinsed and drained)
1 cup quick oats (I use regular rolled oats)
1/4 unsweetened applesauce
3 T canola oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 t baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1.5 cups brown sugar (I used 1 cup when I baked it)
1 cup chocolate chips (I sprinkled a handful extra across the top)

Blend everything (except chocolate chips) VERY WELL in a food processor (about 5 minutes...you want this batter to be absolutely lump free to avoid bean detection by your picky eaters). 
Mix in chips.
Pour and smooth into a 10-inch springform pan. Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. 

Serve warm (though OM liked it cold too).

1 comment:

carrie said...

can't wait to trick my M into eating Garbanzos!