Sunday, August 17, 2014

An important lesson...

Last month I got some rough news…

See, we've been trying to buy a house for the past year and a half with no luck. 

We've come close a couple of times but for various reasons things fell through.

Then, in late July we found a house that would be just perfect for us.

And by perfect I mean it was built in the 50's, is covered in Bald Eagle wallpaper, has only one bathroom, and a natural reserve as the backyard (there are A LOT of trees and invasive Ivy).

But, it's also got a decent floor plan, has only had one owner since it was built, is half an acre pretty close-in to Portland, and is oozing with charm. 

And it has a breezeway. 

I love the breezeway. 

So, so much.

But, we were outbid. 

By investors. 
They offered cash (not sure how much, but more than us), no home inspection and no home appraisal.

Even though I wrote a compelling letter (with a pretty awesome photo of the family and the most awesomest dog ever, Star)  urging them to pick us, they didn't.

I took it pretty hard.


I try not to cry in front of OM but I just couldn't help it.

I was super duper bummed.

So, I was sitting on the couch, crying. 
Hard. 
And O was like I'm so sorry Mom. 
He felt bad for me. 
Poor kid.

Maya was sitting next to me on the couch, ever the optimist...

She said, "Mom, it's not the house that matters, it's the people."

Sigh.

That's right sweet thing, we have each other. 

 Sweet, sweet girl.

So, life moves on and we keep taking it day by day.

And, then I get a call from our broker.

The first offer fell through, they want to know if we're still interested??

Oh my word.

Umm…yes!

So, now we're doing a home inspection next week.

It's still not a done deal but this is how I'm feeling now…


We'll keep you posted on the house situation but either way…

it's not the house, it's the people…

And I've got some pretty incredible people.


No comments: