Wednesday, May 26, 2010

butterflies...


Check out this sweet little butterfly pillow.


This adorable little blog is where I found it. So sweet. And I loved her color palette but my fabric store was out of neutrals so I went in the opposite direction and made it colorful.

I had a few random pillows in the linen closet so I pulled one out of obscurity, wrapped it in turquoise felt, and cut 16 butterflies out of the smaller pieces of felt...
 pinned them on, sewed them on and...

voila! super sweet butterfly pillow.


Maya liked flapping the butterfly wings. 
Afterwards, we packaged it up and sent it off to Grandma Hinson for her birthday. ♥♥


Mmmmmm!

If you and/or your kids need a quick cinnamon roll fix, I recommend these...


yum, yum, muy delicioso!

I also made some eggplant parmesan this weekend. Woody and I have been oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over it for days; even in its leftover form it is scrumptious. Really, please make it. It's so good.

Maya hanging...

And (I know, super sad photo) here's Owen. Woody took this and I'm not sure what happened but I love it. You have to capture the sad moments too. 


he takes the best photos...

'just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.' 
-anonymous

No comments: