Friday, January 28, 2011

In Memoriam: Brooksie Myklebust


Woody's grandmother, Brooksie, passed away this week.
That's her with Bestafor, Woody's grandfather, at our wedding.

One of my favorite memories of our wedding was when they danced together during the married couples dance. Our DJ (the uberly talented Frank Warren) set up the whole beautiful scene: year-by-married-year he had couples leave the floor until it was just them, happily and sweetly dancing together to Rod Stewart's, You're in my Heart.

Everyone was cheering and clapping and the eternal love was seriously flowing. 
I loved it so much. I'll never forget it.

Afterwards they told me how much it meant to them. 

Look how cute they are:
RIP Brooksie. 
We're so sad you're not here but we know you're now with your true love, Bestafor. ♥♥

No comments: