Saturday, September 12, 2009

how many hands do I have?



That's a question OM here a lot around here (from me)...how many hands do I have?

Sometimes they get the full-on-mom-freak-out version that goes something like this,

how many hands do I have?
right two hands,
only two hands so I can't buckle Owen in his seat
and Maya and her seat and
get Owen some water and
turn on the cool air and
give Maya her band-aids
all at the same time.
Hold On!

Thankfully I can usually kind of keep it together and just ask the question and OM know to keep their completely bombarding list of demands to a minimum and hold on without me saying anything more.

The eye rolls have already started..I guess I probably deserve it:) It's weird how your patience stores wax and wane..mine do at least, they're never consistent. It must make life very interesting for OM:)

We're enjoying every last speck of sunshine while we can so we headed to the park yesterday AM (before the high's in the 90's!) and got in a long session of swinging, some duck-duck-goose and teeter totter.

Run Maya-Goose!

Owen tagging me 'duck.'

Terrible photo of me (good one of Owee) but it's here because it represents the best teams in MLB and the NFL. Go Pads and Bolts!!


Running to the teeter totter.


Today at Farmer's Market.


Maya and her band-aids. She has a new obsession with band-aids and puts them on daily, multiple times a day. We bought more this AM in case we actually have a legitimate reason for a band aid but since we bought Princess and Scooby Doo and Batman versions I'm sure we'll need more soon.

If any grandparents reading this happen to be out and about and bump into kiddy-band aids on sale, please pick some up for us..we'd all be happy to have a healthy supply.

Owen got a dragon balloon (and really wanted dragon band aids but we couldn't find any).


No comments: