Monday, March 29, 2010

more freezer paper stenciling...

I've made a few more shirts since my first stint at freezer paper stenciling

The Mr. Burns shirt was for my brother.
I used this image (from a google search):


And a green tee from Target. (I've since become a regular at Goodwill and there are gazillions of t-shirts there that would work for this and also for this (will try when I get back, yay!)

Then I added the word, 'excellent' and voila.

I then decided that Owen's artwork was what made me the happiest so now his creations adorn tee's for...

his grandpa Bart's bday gift. That's Owen on the front (according to Owen) and...

Eve (from Wall-E) on the back. O decided to give her ears even though she doesn't really have ears...:)

And then he made this camel...

which is now on a tee for his dad...

Check out little mermaid and spiderman:

In case you're not sure which balloon went with who:

We went to Old Spaghetti Factory the other night and I've got nothing but good things to say about that place. Some dear friends had their rehearsal dinner there many, many moons ago but other than that I hadn't really been there. And, while my dinner was forgettable it was totally adequate (whole wheat noodles with marinara). But man-o-man is that place kid friendly. Super friendly staff, timely service, kid menu, the food wasn't on-fire-hot for the kiddos, and we had a table right next to a window overlooking the river. We saw two golden eagles fly down, talons extended to grab fish and, as they dove down, a bald eagle flew past. Whoa! Then the balloon guy came and made their night.

When Maya got her mermaid...
she exclaimed (within earshot of a five table radius), 'this mermaid has big boobs! her needs a bra.' 
Ahhh, Maya!

These are of her getting ready for "work"...


Last week was spring break so Woody took a day off to watch them since their preschool was closed and I had to work.

They made lots of tunnels and caves like these. Woody also cooked me a super yummy tofu, vegan dinner which was super swell of him and also, very delicious. He used thai rice sticks, and sambal oeleck, and sriracha, daikon radish, and all sorts of stuff I would have thought would cause him trouble. Truly delish. We're rethinking who should stay home with the kids and who should work full-time. :)

No comments: