Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thin Mint Showdown


Listen to this song while you read this post.
This is my new thing.
I loved the music-inspired dishes that I dished about in a recent blog post (tee hee) so I'm applying that brilliant idea to my little ole blog here.

OK, but really this is about the Thin Mint Showdown.


Inspired by Beyond the Plate's link to Free Range Cookies, I decided to give Gluten-free Thin Mints a try.

And it was perfect timing, as our three boxes of the Girl Scout version arrived the same day (from one of Woody's co-workers). 

[So, I didn't use their gluten-free flour recipe.
I have my own (from here) that I use for my regular flour substitute.]



The girl scout recipe is filled with sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and other less than terrific ingredients for your beautiful bods. 



The gluten-free version has very little sugar and lots of organic, wholesome, dark chocolate, brown rice flower, a little salt, a little (baking) soda, an egg, and a dusting of powdered sugar to roll out the dough. 



(Girl scout to the left...g-free to the right.)


I made Woody a super big one:)




What did OM think?
They both gave me thumbs up.
In full disclosure: O voted for girl scouts, M voted for my version.
Give 'em a try!
They're d'lish!!!!

No comments: