Friday, April 22, 2011

The best thing I ever did


was marry Woody Myklebust.
Thanks.
I felt like gushing.


Also,
this salad dressing still knocks my socks off.

I make it almost every week and the week's I don't, I miss it. Bad.
The days I bring it to work for lunch are my happiest days. I love knowing it's sitting in the fridge ready for me to devour whenever the lunch bell finally rings.

It's scrumptious.
I follow Smitten Kitten's recipe (she doubles the miso and sesame oil) instead of GP's.

You start with the three ingredients up there: carrot, shallot, & ginger. 
Next, puree:

Then, add all this stuff (~2T of each)...


You end up with this.

Mmm, mmm, mmm!

I've actually been in a super duper uber cooking funk lately. For a couple of months actually.
I haven't wanted to shop for, prepare, cook, serve or clean up food. At all. Thus, we haven't been eating all that great. Just super boring quesadillas, bean numbers, pasta numbers, etc. Lame.

I think I've been lacking some inspiration.
But this past week I read here and here about this woman's new cookbook.

So I checked out these two from the library today (her older ones) and am already feeling some culinary inspiration...

I'll share my good findings.

Happy Earth Day.

[And it's Good Friday. Ten years ago I was in Guatemala for Semana Santa. It's amazing (and sad and somber); so grateful for that opportunity.]

No comments: