Monday, September 10, 2012

Grandmommy♥


There she is.
My beloved grandmommy.

I've sort of been avoiding this post b/c I get too sad thinking about it.
I was hoping this would pass with a little time but I'm realizing now it will need a lot of time. Maybe never.

 I loved her with all my heart.
My first memories are of her and my sweet grandfather. They loved me and looked after me like I was their own daughter. I felt safe and loved and cherished by them.

Me and grandmommy had a great relationship: she liked to talk and I liked to listen.

I delighted in her stories and loved her cooking and am so grateful I was abundantly blessed with both throughout my lifetime. 


OM didn't get to hang out with her as much as I would have liked but she loved them to bits and I know they could feel it.


Well, this has taken me two hours, what with all the pauses to reflect and wipe the tears, yet not a lot of words showed up on the little page here.

She knows how I feel.

I think I've mentioned it here before that I am a fan of the poet Mary Oliver. 

A favorite:

To live in this world you must be able to do three things,
to love what is mortal,
to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it,
and,
when the time comes to let it go, let it go.



I listened to this CD about 20 times during grandmommy's last few days. 
This song is beautiful like her.

Rest in peace grandmommy.

No comments: