Saturday, June 25, 2011

day hike in WA


I was going to title this post (more of Oregon's beauty) and then realized I wasn't actually in Oregon today. We crossed the Columbia River via the Bridge of the Gods in Cascade Locks, OR so we were in fact in Washington. 
Although, the views that had me ooing and aahing the most (other than the trail itself) were of Oregon. 
Both states are gorgeous.


I've been wanting to hike this trail for years so I was super happy that my friend Julie and I both had room on our calendar's today.
It was a perfect day weather-wise and the perfect season, as the wildflowers were in full bloom.
 (this was the view right out of the tree line)


 (looking back down on the tree line)







 (that's Mt. Hood over there...much more impressive in person)






Thanks Julie!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Every bit as beautiful as Switzerland! Can we come next time?