Monday, April 27, 2009

And Owen gets another double...

ear infection:(  Aye Owee...

I phoned the pediatrician this a.m. and they told me to keep doing what I was doing (rest, tissues, fluids, fever-lowering meds.) until they got better.  Then Owen woke up from his nap and looked awful so I called the pediatrician again.  I apologized for being that mom and calling all the time but I was worried when his eye got all puffy (and I sent a picture-text to Debbie and she urged to me to call again too).  

Anyway, I emailed them this picture:

and they called me back and asked how soon I could get there!  Final diagnosis was double ear infection and the doc skipped the amoxicillin and went straight to the hard core white chalky super-duper bacteria killing stuff.  Aye yi yi...

But, Maya is much improved and was wanting to dance and play today.  She seems to get the mild version and then Owen gets the full strength butt-kicker.  

And, I was offered the job!  And, I accepted:)  This is a link to my new supervisor discussing the cord blood bank and this is a link to the website for the program.

2 comments:

carrie said...

Hi Auntie K,

So sorry the kiddies are sick. Hopefully they're on the mend. I've been fighting a cold for two weeks that has now turned into a sinus infection so I finally broke down and made an appointment with the doctor. My French is still tres mal but I managed to pull it off. Why is it when you have a conversation with someone in a foreign language, they never follow the script?

I checked out the cord blood website. Congrats on the new job. Will you be working full time?

kristen said...

Part-time! It works out perfect. They really want the program to grow so as it does the FTE will grow as well and as OM grow I will be willing to work more so it works out well. I'm excited. It seems like a cool team of people and I love the purpose/mission.

Love the photos of AZ. You look GOOD!