Saturday, April 25, 2009

O*W*E*N

Owen can spell his name!  He's been spelling it O*w*n*e for awhile but on Thursday it all came together for him and now he spells it perfectly every time. Very exciting!

So, sorry for the gap in postings.  It got a little busy around here. Mainly because I had a job interview Friday. It was for an umbilical blood bank program coordinator position at OHSU (the hospital where I interned).  I feel good about the interview so regardless of the outcome I had a positive experience.  I wasn't planning on it, but part of my interview was in Spanish.  The program director, a bone marrow transplantation surgeon (!), came in during the interview and asked if I spoke Spanish, in Spanish.  Thankfully it kicked in even though it's been quite awhile since I've really used it. She's from Puerto Rico originally and said my accent sounded like hers. Nice, I love Puerto Rican accents, they're sassy!!

So, these are photos from the past week...a whole mix of stuff:

First, some self-photos of Maya and I.




Some play-dough fun...Owen was making "meatballs"...
Maya was making "cheese"...
And he was making snakes...
This is Maya in our bathroom making rows of toilet paper (which is an improvement from pulling it all off the roll and piling it into the toilet)...
Owen bowling...
And baby sis sleeping.  Right before I snapped the photo she moved her hand...she did have one hand on her baby's head and one hand on her own head...:)

No comments: