Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ba Ba Black Sheep

Monday morning after we returned home from running errands I was highly entertained by the following scene between Owen & Maya (which I will do my best to recreate):

Owen sat on the steps leading up to the house, held out his arms wide, and told Maya she couldn't pass until she sang the ABC song.

Maya stood there looking at him, paused, and then started singing, 

"ba ba ba ba back she"

then Owen said, "no baby sis, not ba ba black sheep, the ABC song"

so Maya said, "oh" paused again looking very pensive, and sang, 

"ba ba ba ba back she"

to which Owen calmly scolded her again for singing the wrong song.

At that point I intervened to praise baby sis for her awesome singing and let Owen know that even tho it was the wrong song at least she was singing a song.  I'm not sure if this conveys how incredibly sweet the whole encounter was.  It was heart-achingly precious to their mom:)

Below are photos from today.  I bought some overpriced organic strawberries that were not very delicious so we decided to make strawberry, orange muffins.  They enjoy baking and take turns adding and stirring ingredients.  Owen decided we should make mini muffins instead of regular size.  They ate the mandarin oranges after I peeled the rind.  Healthy snack all around because I use whole wheat flour in everything now; no more all purpose, overly processed flour.




No comments: