Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day♥

I'm sitting in a quiet house, feeling so grateful for the two beauties with me in this picture and my shugary-sweet husband.  I've had a great day.  Woody took them to the park this morning so I could bake a cake and clean the kitchen and wash the floors.  Seems like a strange gift I'm sure but I was able to really scrub the kitchen with an attention to detail.  Usually I hastily wipe things down and assure myself it was cleaner than before.  But I prefer to indulge my anal-retentive ways and clean 'til it's pristine.  That never happens anymore b/c I'm always pressed for time. Anyway, I love to clean and I like things to be clean. I think my dad was really surprised one year when I got a (awesome) vacuum cleaner for my birthday (from Woody) and gleefully unwrapped it and immediately started vacuuming.  I do dislike ironing though, can't stand it...

Woody took OM to the store to buy some dinner. I was all set to make this incredible brunch I had seen on Food Network but now it's almost 4:00 p.m. PST and it's definitely way too late to be considered brunch. And I went on a run and I'm feeling like relaxing instead of cooking, and then cleaning again.  
Every year for mom's day my gift is a photo of, first just Owen and now OM together. This photo in the tub is this year's gift. Actually, this isn't the one but it's from the same photo shoot:) The wall of photos is growing and I love looking at the changes.

The biggest news of the week is the arrival of Brook Helena Alleckson!!  Elee delivered her on Thursday (May 7) and she's a beautiful, very mellow little soul.  She weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces and is 19+ inches tall.  She has a full head of really soft hair that AJ loves to pet:) She went home yesterday to check out her new digs, melt her parents hearts even more, and become AJ's new BFF:)

After we went to the hospital we went to sweet tomatoes with Ginger and AJ.  The photos are in the wrong order, forgive me:) OM always have a good time with AJ and got some good running time in again. I'll have to upload a bunch on picassa because there are many more...






No comments: