Friday, May 29, 2009

Puppets, paints, and libraries


Our (other) next door neighbors gave us this puppet theater a couple of years ago and a bag of puppets. Owen is into puppets these days (we've booked a local puppeteer for their birthday party in July) and Maya is into things O is into, so we had fun with this today.

I actually made a mini movie of some of it but lately blogger has been having trouble uploading and processing videos. I've uploaded a couple onto YouTube since I've had problems here so I'll send that link soon. I'll try and upload this one and if it doesn't work here I'll upload to YouTube and send the links to all the videos. 

Then we had snacks...(veggie tortilla chips, pineapple salsa, sour cream [which O eats with a spoon at times] and water)

These photos are of OM playing with some modeling substance G'parents Hinson sent. They loved it. It's not really clay but it's soft and squishy and molds and somehow doesn't make a mess...





We started the day with a little painting project. Acrylic paint. It was our first time and we all decided that acrylic paint stinks, bad. We don't know if it always stinks or if it was due to the fact that I bought two canvasses stretched on a wooden frame, 10 acrylic paints,  and 4 paint brushes for $2.25. It was fun though and then at the end they decided to add some glue too.



And these last photos are from the library. We checked out a book I now love titled Daft Bat. I was intrigued by the title when I saw it and immediately thought of daft punk, the band. It's a great story about looking at the world through someone else's perspective and has all of OM's favorite animals as characters. I recommend it!!



And, I know I've only had my job for a week, but I LOVE it. I had a meeting today with my team and while we have many, many challenges I feel lucky to be at such a great place, with a great group of people and mainly to have scored a job where they're actually going to let me think and add my own ideas. AND I get to still be at home with my babes half the time. Sweet:)

No comments: